Train the ‘Brilliant Customer Service!’ trainer
We can train you on the Brilliant Customer Service course and then licence all the workbooks and materials for you use by your organisation and trainers. Once trained, for a low cost per participant you can purchase an unlimited number of training books and get discounts online training and customisation services.
Larger organisations sometimes prefer to take a ‘train-the-trainer’ approach. We are happy to help with this. Our approach is as follows:
- We suggest a three-day course: one day for your trainers to be an audience for the course, the next two days for them to prepare and present segments of the course (this also depends on the level of training expertise of your trainers and the size of the group)
- Feedback is given during the course by the trainer
- Feedback is also given after the course to the course sponsor
- Preferred group size: from 4 to 8
- Course materials (participant workbooks, trainer notes, Powerpoint slides, etc) are customised and branded for you
- You undertake that your trainers will deliver the course solely to your employees, using materials supplied by us.
This course has a very simple objective: to ensure that your own trainers can deliver the ‘Brilliant customer service!’ course to the same high standards as our own trainers.
By the end of the course, your trainers will:
- Be comfortable with the subject matter of brilliant customer service
- Have assimilated the ‘SPECIAL’ model
- Have shown that they can deliver the course to the appropriate standard
- Know their way around all the materials, case studies and exercises
- Be confident that they can deliver the programme
- Be capable of delighting their audiences every time
This course is intended for qualified internal trainers. If you propose putting other people through the train-the-trainer course (eg, customer service team leaders) please discuss it with us first before booking the course.
A three-day course: one day for your trainers to be an audience for the course, the next two days for them to prepare and present segments of the course (this also depends on the level of training expertise of your trainers and the size of the group).
The course can be tailored to include any specialist topics such as advanced telephone skills, dealing with complaints, internal planning, etc, according to organisational need.
The expert trainer
The train-the-trainer course is delivered only by Graham Roberts-Phelps, the designer of the core ‘Brilliant customer service!’ course and the author of all the materials.
Graham specialises in providing high-quality consultancy, coaching and training in customer service, sales and personal productivity. He has a vast range of experience and expertise in all aspects of customer service – from skills, through to standards and ‘systems’.
Over the last fifteen years, he has trained more than 5,000 people in customer service skills alone. His work has taken him all over the world and involved him in working closely with hundreds of different organisations from all business sectors, including Nortel, SaudiAramco, BT, FT Online, Apple Computers, Thomson Financial, Seico Insurance, British Film Institution, GPS UK, Cosmos Travel, Intel, Gateway Computers, Ambius (Rentokil-Initial), Ping Europe, GoNative, De Lage Landen, Wincanton, Strutt & Parker, My Family Care, OpenText, Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce, Skin Health Spa, North Herts Homes and many, many others.
Graham’s client list in other areas includes such organisations as Vodafone, AT&T, Orange, Pfizer, GSK, Boots, Unilever, American Express, Thomas Cook, Sony, ASOS, Motorola, Cisco, MFI, Barclays Bank, LIFFE, Abbey National, Prison Service, Home Office, Law Society, BBC, Black & Decker, Daimler-Chrysler, Citroen, Weetabix, Nikon, Shell and many, many others. In addition he has written over a dozen books published in several different countries, including Companies don’t succeed – people do!, 90 Brain Teasers for Trainers, Customer Service Games for Training, Sales Training Games, Telephone Tactics and Working Smarter.
Known internationally as both a trainer and a popular motivational speaker, Graham believes that effective learning has to be interactive and challenging. All his learning events are built around practical exercises, role play and case studies. His training style focuses not on just explaining new ideas or developing new skills, but also on motivating people to use them and to develop themselves as individuals. This approach gets results, as the following comments from course participants show:
‘Brilliant course, really interesting and very focused to my job role and day to day work.’
‘Took away some very good ideas that I can use every day… good examples too.’
‘Very confident in the subject, and amusing too. Made the course very interesting. A very clear sales model to use going forward.’
‘Full of useful hints and tips which I will apply to my job.’
‘Extremely well presented and structured’
‘A very intensive course and a lot of concrete tools provided.’
‘Useful data, tools and insights; engaging and interesting as always.’
‘Very good… contained everything we do on a regular basis and problems we have come across… the exercises made it very interesting too.’
In the UK, the price is £1,995 per day’s training (or £1,495 for public and voluntary sectors) plus the cost of tailored materials to support your trainers’ delivery of the course (minimum order of 100 sets at a time @ £15 per set). Internationally, the price varies, depending on the country: please call us for details. Whether in the UK or internationally, you get:
- A day’s training for a maximum group size of 8 (6 recommended)
- A tried-and-tested course (tailored, if necessary, to your specific needs)
- The best possible trainer
- A tailored, branded set of workbooks and trainer materials (including a copyright licence to use the materials for internal training purposes)
- Feedback from the expert trainer to each course participant
- Additional feedback to the course sponsor
- A comprehensive report giving you the participants’ feedback from the day’s training
- Telephone support for the trainers once they are ‘flying solo’
- A follow-up call three months later to assess the success of the training
Any hidden costs? The only additional costs are the trainer’s travel, and (if really unavoidable) accommodation, costs – and we’ll give you an estimate of these costs before you commit. VAT is applicable.